Louisiana Identification Card Renewal
Terms of Service
The following items are required to renew your identification card:
- Your Louisiana identification card which you have in your possession
- Valid credit card backed by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express
- Your identification card renewal will include a Service Charge for electronic commerce in accordance with Louisiana Revised Statute 49:316.1.
- Changes in personal information, including address, are not allowed by using the Internet or mail-in method of renewal. If you require any changes, you must visit your local Office of Motor Vehicles for issuance of a new identification card.
- NOTICE: On October 3, 2016, Louisiana began issuing Real ID compliant credentials. In order to obtain a credential with a Real ID indicator, you must visit a motor vehicle office. If choosing to utilize the internet renewal process, the credential you receive will display the verbiage "Not for Federal Identification". Please visit www.expresslane.org for information on Real ID requirements.