Terms of Service
This service allows you to purchase your Official Driving Record online. The most current version of your Official Driving Record may be viewed and/or printed for 30 days after your Official Online Driving Record is purchased.
- You must have a printer available in order to print your Official Driving Record upon payment.
- This service is unavailable from 11:30 PM until 4:00 AM.
- This service costs $16.00 plus a service charge $2.00 for electronic commerce in accordance with Louisiana Revised Statute 49:316.1.
INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOUR OFFICIAL DRIVING RECORD INCLUDES:
- Accident Statement - Accident involvement indicated does not mean the individual was at fault or given a citation.
- Personal Status - Indicates status of individual's personal driving privileges.
- CDL Status - Indicates the status of an individual's commercial driving privileges if he/she has a commercial driver's license.
- Offenses on Record - Includes all on-line data such as tickets/accidents.
YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AS IT APPEARS ON YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE:
Driver's license number
Date of birth
Class of license
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
Valid credit card or debit card backed by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express
YOU HAVE REQUESTED A DOCUMENT THAT CONTAINS PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT IS PROTECTED UNDER FEDERAL LAW
in accordance with the US Code, Title 18, #2721 through #2725 and Section 350 of Public Law 106-69 which amended the Federal Driver Privacy Protection Act OLA File No. 1999-1126.
PROCUREMENT FOR UNLAWFUL PURPOSE
It is unlawful for any person knowingly to obtain or disclose personal information, from an individual's motor vehicle record.
CRIMINAL AND/OR PENALTIES
A person who knowingly violates the Federal Driver Privacy Protection Act shall be fined a minimum of $2500.00 in damages to the person whose record was improperly released.
A person who knowingly obtains, discloses or uses personal information, from a motor vehicle record, for a purpose not permitted under the Federal Driver Privacy Protection Act shall be liable to the individual to whom the information pertains, who may bring a civil action in a United States district court.
RESALE AND RE-DISCLOSURE
A person obtaining Motor Vehicle record information for any permitted use who resells or re-discloses the information must maintain records of any entity or person that received the information and the permitted use for which it was obtained for a period of not less than 5 years. These records must be available to the Office of Motor Vehicles, upon request.